How to Care for an Introvert
1. Respect their need for privacy and to spend time alone.
2. Be careful never to embarrass them in public.
3. When they are in a new situation, allow them to stand back, and watch what’s going on.
4. Allow them time to process what you’re asking or saying. Don’t demand an answer right away.
5. Be patient if they hesitate to find the right words – and never interrupt while they are speaking.
6. If you are going to change or cancel plans, give them plenty of prior notice.
7. Allow them to practice and perfect skills alone.
8. Correct or challenge them privately – never in front of an audience.
9. Don’t force them to hang out with a crowd of people, or expect them to amass a lot of friends. A few good friends is more comfortable for them.
10. Don’t try to turn them into an extrovert. Respect them for being exactly who they are.