I like Floyd. I especially like Meddle, Dark Side, Momentary Lapse of Reason, and Division Bell. I even appreciate The Wall…
Consider that the current costs of a
- concert ticket to The Roger Waters’ The Wall 2012 (the Denver show) $375 each — prices vary, but that’s the cheapest I’ve found so far
- a newly-remastered, newly re-released box set of each Floyd album: $110 each — and there are several
I’ll be skipping the show for sure. No, not because I can’t afford it (I could easily save and take a few friends — that’s how finance works) but because Roger’s logic doesn’t follow.
It goes something like this:
- 99% of people are being raped financially by 1% of people
- We should redistribute the wealth from the 1% to the 99%
- I’m rich beyond my wildest dreams because I’ve become part of the 1%
- I’m going to charge you out the ass to see my show because I know that you’ll pay
Gargle my balls.
I’m going to go to Australian Pink Floyd instead. Sure, I know you’re a founding member of the original Tea Set, er Pink Floyd, but I simply don’t like you… so I’ll give my money to somebody else.